13 January 2017: Daily Current Affairs Quizzes brought by Jagranjosh.com wants to help the aspirants’ of different competitive exams in to revising the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India's first solar powered boat, 2017 International Conference on Disability Communication and Guided Pinaka rocket among others.
1. Which country became the world’s first country to officially recognise Parkour as a sport?
a) United States
b) South Korea
c) United Kingdom
2. India's first solar powered boat was launched by which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Jammu & Kashmir
d) Himachal Pradesh
3. Parliament of this country approved key Articles of a constitutional reform which would allow the President to be a member of a political party and issue decrees.
4. Name the humanitarian initiative launched by Delhi Police and Indigo airlines to cremate under-privileged people from Northeast in presence of family.
a) Aakhri Ahuti
b) Anteem Veedayee
c) Antim Yatra
d) Bidding a Goodbye
5. Who was sworn-in as the President of Nicaragua?
a) Daniel Ortega
b) Romen Horgez
c) Enrique Bolanos
d) Rochelle Murillo
6. The 2017 International Conference on Disability Communication (ICDC) was held in which country?
7. Who was appointed as the chairman of Tata Sons in recent past?
a) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
b) Ganapathy Subramaniam
c) Rajesh Gopinathan
d) Nowroji Saklatwala
8. This country conferred national order of knighthood honour on former Union Minister of State for External Affairs Eduardo Faleiro.
9. MoUs worth Rs. 8835 crore were signed in textile sector during the 8th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017. The summit was held in
10. This country agreed to provide 1 trillion yen aid package to the Philippines.
a) South Korea
11. The President of this country announced withdrawal of ‘Wet Foot, Dry Foot’ Policy for Cubans.
a) The USA
12. Who won the 2017 Crafoord Prize?
a) Richard Lewontin, and Tomoko Ohta
b) Terence Tao
c) Roy Kerr, Roger Blandford, and Yakov Eliashberg
d) Alexander Rudensky, Shimon Sakaguchi, and Fred Ramsdell
13. Who was recently appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Tata Consultancy Services?
a) N Chandrasekaran
b) N Ganapathy Subramaniam
c) Rajesh Gopinathan
d) None of the above
14. The effects of which of the following drugs were described as devastating by the Supreme Court?
15. India successfully test-fired the Guided Pinaka rocket recently. In this regard, consider the following statements. <br/> I. It was launched from Integrated Test Range launch pad at Chandipur in Odisha. <br/> II. It is also known as Pinaka Rocket Mark-II. <br/> Which is/are correct? <br/>
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
1. (c) United Kingdom
2. (b) Kerala
3. (a) Turkey
4. (a) Aakhri Ahuti
5. (a) Daniel Ortega
6. (b) India
7. (a) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
9. (a) Gandhinagar
11. (a) The USA
12. (d) Alexander Rudensky, Shimon Sakaguchi, and Fred Ramsdell
13. (c) Rajesh Gopinathan
14. (b) Endosulfan
15. (c) Both I and II
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.