14 August 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like The Indian Coast Guard Ship Shaurya, anti-conversion bill and campaign to protect elephants among others.
1. The Indian Coast Guard Ship Shaurya was recently commissioned in
c) Navi Mumbai
2. As per a recent research, the largest volcano range on earth was recently discovered in which of the following continents?
b) South America
3. Who of the following won the Men's 5000 metre title at the IAAF World Championships?
a) Usain Bolt
b) Mohamed Farah
c) Muktar Edris
d) Paul Kipkemoi Chelimo
4. The 2017 World Snooker Open will be held in which part of China?
a) Northwest China
b) Southeast China
c) Southwest China
d) Northeast China
5. Which of the following Horn of Africa countries in August 2017 was declared free of Polio?
6. Name the sprinter who bid a goodbye to the Athletics world on 13 August 2017 by announcing his retirement at the World Athletics Championships in London.
a) Yohan Blake
b) Justin Gatlin
c) Christian Coleman
d) Usain Bolt
7. The Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched a campaign to protect elephants across India mainly in elephant range states of India. Name the campaign.
a) Gaj aur Inshan
c) Gaj Yatra
8. World Elephants Day was observed globally on
a) 10 August
b) 11 August
c) 12 August
d) 13 August
9. This pair bagged gold medal in the skeet mixed team event on the concluding day of the 7th Asian Championship Shotgun in Astana.
a) Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Rashmmi Rathore
b) Liu Jiangchi and Gao Jianmei
c) Ankur Mittal and Rashmmi Rathore
d) Kynan Chenai and Shreyasi Singh
10. The 'India Day' was hosted by the 'India Club' two days before the Independence Day at the popular Zoo Lake resort in this city. The celebration was attended by over 10,000 people of different communities to mark India's Independence Day.
c) Port Louis
11. Which state’s government has launched Facebook’s 'She Means Business' programme for aspiring women entrepreneurs?
c) Uttar Pradesh
12. Which state’s assembly has passed the anti-conversion bill?
d) Uttar Pradesh
13. Which country, in response to US sanctions, has voted in favour of boosting investment in its missile defence by more than $500 million?
d) North Korea
14. Which city is hosting the India-ASEAN Youth Summit 2017?
d) New Delhi
15. Which state’s government has recommended 1-yr remission of sentence of prisoners ahead of 70th Independence Day celebrations?
a) Uttar Pradesh
1. (a) Goa
2. (d) Antarctica
3. (c) Muktar Edris
4. (b) Southeast China
5. (a) Somalia
6. (d) Usain Bolt
7. (c) Gaj Yatra
8. (c) 12 August
9. (a) Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Rashmmi Rathore
10. (b) Johannesburg
11. (b) Odisha
12. (c) Jharkhand
13. (a) Iran
14. (c) Bhopal
15. (d) Punjab
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.