Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Jharkhand Budget 2016-17, Presidential Early Career Awards and Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers among others.
1. Which State government on 19 February 2016 decided to form a panel to review New Pension Scheme of 2003?
c) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
2. The fiscal deficit has been proposed to be brought down to what percent of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) in the Jharkhand State Budget 2016-17 presented on 19 February 2016?
3. Which famous historical personality’s birth anniversary was observed on 19 February 2016?
a) Maharana Pratap
b) Bajirao Peshwa – II
c) Chhatrapati Shivaji
d) Rani Laxmibai
4. The 2nd meeting of the Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Co-operation (JWGACTC), constituted under the auspices of the Indo – US Defence Trade and Technology Initiative was held at which place in February 2016?
a) Washington DC
b) New York
c) New Delhi
5. Which country in February 2016 freezed intake of all foreign workers?
6. Who among the following Indian-Americans will not be awarded with the prestigious Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers by the US President?
a) Milind Kulkarni (Purdue University)
b) Kiran Musunuru (Harvard University)
c) Shwetak Patel (University of Washington)
d) Ashutosh Tiwari (University of Utah)
7. What was quantum of investment committed at the Make in India week that concluded in Mumbai in February 2016?
a) 15 lakh 20 thousand crore rupees
b) 20 lakh 15 thousand crore rupees
c) 25 lakh crore rupees
d) 22 lakh 20 thousand crore rupees
8. Who was named as the Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 19 February 2016?
a) KM Mani
b) Amit Mitra
c) Jayant Sinha
d) Abdul Rahim Rather
9. Which bollywood actor is the author of the book titled ‘The Kiss of Life: How A Superhero and My Son Defeated Cancer’?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Irfaan Khan
c) Emraan Hashmi
d) Kamal Haasan
10. Which country launched the astronomy satellite ASTRO-H in February 2016 to study the X-Rays emanating from black holes and galaxy cluster?
11. With which country India on 16 February 2016 signed its third Agreement on Standard Operating Procedure for conducting maritime coordinated patrols?
d) Sri Lanka
12. The World Bank Group on 18 February 2016 announced 150 million US dollars in funding to this region to combat Zika virus.
b) West Asia
c) Latin America & the Caribbean
d) North America
13. Identify the Indian-origin scientist belonging to Utah University. He led the discovery of 2D semiconducting material made of tin monoxide.
a) Ashutosh Tiwari
b) Manu Prakash
c) Sangeeta Bhatia
d) Srikanth Jagabathula
14. Who among the following former cricketer’s autobiography Playing It May Way in February 2016 entered the Limca Book of Records for being the best-selling adult hardback in both fiction and non-fiction categories.
a) Rahul Dravid
b) Sunil Gavaskar
c) Kapil Dev
d) Sachin Tendulkar
15. Who on 19 February 2016 was named the chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on Goods and Services Tax?
a) Amit Mitra
b) K M Mani
c) Jayant Sinha
d) Namo Narain Meena
1-(c) 6-(d) 11-(c)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(c) 8-(b) 13-(a)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(a) 15-(a)