agranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like CORPAT, Trade Facilitation Agreement, inter ministerial panel to double farmers’ income, EP100 and among others.
1. The 22nd edition of CORPAT which started on 19 April 2016 in Andaman Sea is an Exercise between which two navies?
a) India and Myanmar
b) India and Sri Lanka
c) India and Thailand
d) India and Singapore
2. The Remotely Operated Vehicle (PROVe) indigenously developed by the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) was used for the first time to map the coral reefs of which region?
a) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
b) North Bay and Chidiyatapu
d) Both (a) and (b)
3. A Joint Conference of Chief Justices of High Courts and Chief Ministers of States will be held on 24 April, 2016 at which place?
a) New Delhi
4. ‘I led the way’ is the tagline of which government owned company which will be opening its 21st overseas office in New York in near future?
a) Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)
b) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
c) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
d) Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation (MMTC)
5. Union Minister of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr Harsh Vardhan in April 2016 inaugurated the Paragonimiasis Research Lab (PRL) in which state?
6. Recently a research lab on Paragonimiasis, a food borne parasitic infection, was opened in a North East State. The infection is caused by
a) Eating undercooked crab or crayfish
b) Eating raw bamboo shoots
c) Eating undercooked animal meat
d) Eating undercooked brown rice in excess
7. Which state will be provided with a plastic park by the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers at a cost of 1000 crore rupees?
c) Andhra Pradesh
8. Which country in April 2016 removed the ban on its citizens from leaving or entering the country by sea?
d) Sri Lanka
9. Which new Agreement of World trade Organisation (WTO) was ratified by India on 22 April 2016?
a) Trade Facilitation Agreement
b) Lima Climate Change Agreement
c) Free Trade Agreement
d) None of These
10. Which is the 77th country to ratify the Trade Facilitation Agreement of WTO after India being 76th on 22 April 2016?
11. On behalf of India, who handed over the Country’s instrument of acceptance to WTO’s Director-General Roberto Azevêdo on 22 April 2016?
a) PC Thakur
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Anjali Prasad
d) Arun Jaitley
12. Identify the country that signed a law that criminalizes doping and threatens drug cheats with prison sentences on 22 April 2016.
13. What is the day that is observed every year to pay tribute to the brave sons of the Manipur who made supreme sacrifice for their motherland on 22 April 2016?
a) Khyoyo Day
b) Independent day
c) Khongjom Day
d) Sacrifice Day
14. Which is the first Indian company to join a global energy campaign, EP100, led by an international non-profit group, The Climate Group on 22 April 2016?
a) Reliance Industries
c) Mahindra & Mahindra
15. Paris climate agreement 2016 was signed on 22 April 2016 by 175 countries at?
a) New York
1- (c) India and Thailand
2- (d) Both (a) and (b)
3- (a) New Delhi
4- (c) Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
5- (b) Nagaland
6- (a) Eating undercooked crab or crayfish
7- (c) Andhra Pradesh
8- (b) Cuba
9- (a) Trade Facilitation Agreement
10- (b) Russia
11- (c) Anjali Prasad
12- (d) Kenya
13- (c) Khongjom Day
14- (c) Mahindra & Mahindra
15- (a) New York
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.