Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Right Livelihood Award, NITI Aayog’s action plan for Olympics, and exhibition 'CanKids-Kidscan' among others.
1. Name the Syrian civil defense organization that won the 2016 Right Livelihood Award.
a) White Helmets Commission
b) The Wonderers
c) The White Helmets
d) None of the above
2. Name the company with which Inland Waterways Authority of India has signed a contract to design vessels especially suited to navigate the 1620 km stretch of National Waterway-1.
a) DFG, US
b) DST, Germany
c) DST, Russia
d) DFG, Israel
3. Name the Indian forest officials who were selected for the 2016 Clark R. Bavin Wildlife Law Enforcement Awards.
a) Sanjay Dutta and Ritesh Sarothiya
b) Sanjay Dutta and Mahesh Sarothiya
c) Jyotish Bhattacharya and Ritesh Sarothiya
d) Raj Bhatnakar and Jyotish Bhattacharya
4. NITI Aayog's short–term and medium-to-long term action plan will help India to achieve 50 medals in summer Olympics of which year?
5. Name the country that has signed a peace agreement with one of the country's largest militant groups Hezb-e-Islami led by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
6. Name the country with which India inked the 7.8-billion Euro deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
b) The United States
c) The United Kingdom
7. What will be venue of the exhibition 'CanKids-Kidscan' that will be organised by the National Society for Change for Childhood Cancer in India?
a) Taj Mahal
b) Red Fort
c) India Gate
8. Name the former Indian women's hockey captain who announced retirement from international hockey.
a) Sushila Chanu
b) Rani Rampal
c) Ritu Rani
d) Anuradha Thokchom
9. Name the state where about 52000 government primary and upper primary schools functioning under the School and Mass Education Department, have no teacher for each class.
c) West Bengal
10. Who of the following is the author of the book Citizen and Society that was released by President Pranab Mukherjee?
a) Manmohan Singh
b) Sonia Gandhi
c) Mohd Hamid Ansari
d) Arun Jaitley
11. Who of the following was appointed as the chief-selector by BCCI?
a) Ajay Shirke
b) MSK Prasad
c) Devan Gandhi
d) Gagan Khoda
12. Who of the following will be awarded with the Lalit Arpan Samman?
a) Namwar Singh
b) Krishen Khanna
c) Raghu Rai
d) Shubha Mudgal
13. Name the state that has decided to have its own bravery awards, which will be given out on Independence Day and Republic Day every year.
c) Himachal Pradesh
14. Name the company that secured a 100 million dollar ship order from Vietnam Border Guard.
a) Heavy Engineering Corporation
b) Larsen & Toubro
c) Petron Engineering Construction
d) Bharat Bhari Udyog Nigam
15. Name the Indian body/company that signed an agreement with China Tea Marketing Association to work jointly towards sustainable development of the tea sector.
a) Godrej Tea
b) Gujarat Tea Processors & Packers Ltd
c) Tata Tea Limited
d) United Planters' Association of Southern India
1. (c) The White Helmets
2. (b) DST, Germany
3. (a) Sanjay Dutta and Ritesh Sarothiya
4. (b) 2024
5. (d) Afghanistan
6. (a) France
7. (a) Taj Mahal
8. (c) Ritu Rani
9. (a) Odisha
10. (c) Mohd Hamid Ansari
11. (b) MSK Prasad
12. (d) Shubha Mudgal
13. (b) Delhi
14. (b) Larsen & Toubro
15. (d) United Planters' Association of Southern India
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.