Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award, UN Assistance Mission in Somalia and Operation Inherent Resolve among others.
1. Name the actor who on 23 November 2015 was selected for the Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award.
a) Dilip Prabhavalkar
b) Rishi Kapoor
c) Prashant Damle
d) Anil Kapoor
2. Name the person who was appointed as Special Representative for Somalia and Head of the UN Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) on 23 November 2015 by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
a) Abdirahman Farole
b) Michael Keating
c) Nicholas Kay
d) Gareth Thomas
3. Who of the following was honoured with Ramnath Goenka Lifetime Achievement Award on 23 November 2015?
a) Kuldip Nayar
b) Radheshyam Bapu Jadhav
c) Richard Joseph
d) MJ Akbar
4. Name the Dutchman who was appointed as the strategic coach for the Indian men’s Hockey on 7 November 2015 by Hockey India.
a) Roelant Oltmans
b) Roger Van Gent
c) Paul van Ass
d) Terry Walsh
5. Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) that was in news in fourth week of November 2015 is linked to
a) French Military Operation to tackle terrorism
b) Indian military operation to tackle terror act in North East India
c) US led 65-nation coalition operation to tackle ISIS
d) The Joint Military exercise of India, US, France and Japan
6. India and Singapore on 24 November 2015 signed Executive Programme on Cooperation in the Fields of the Arts, Heritage, Archives and Library for the Years
7. The Dayton Peace Accord was in news on 21 November 2015 as the world commemorated 20th Anniversary of the signing of the Dayton Peace Accords. The accord ended which war?
a) US-Mexican War
b) Bosnian war
c) Second Balkan War
d) Russian Civil War
8. Name the report released by United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) on 23 November 2015 highlighting economic losses from weather-related disasters?
a) Climate Action Now- A Summary for Policymakers 2015
b) Biodegradable Plastics and Marine Litter
c) Human Cost of Weather Related Disasters
d) Hunger without Borders Report
9. Name the person appointed as the Country President of support services company Sodexo India On-site Services on 23 November 2015.
a) Samrat Singh
b) Vijay Linghwal
c) Rishi Gour
d) Arjun Dev
10. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 22 November 2015 signed Memorandum of Understanding with which organisation on bilateral cooperation and technical assistance?
a) Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission
b) Johannesburg stock exchange board
c) London Stock Exchange
d) Moscow Exchange MICEX-RTS
11. Name the noted labour economist who passed away on 23 November 2015 and was also an advisor with the erstwhile Planning Commission of Union Government for eight years from 1987 to 1995?
a) TS Papola
b) VKRV Rao
c) Anil Vij
d) Pasunoori Dayakar
12. Drugmaker company Pfizer Inc on 23 November 2015 struck a deal to buy which company?
a) Allergan Plc
b) Alliance Boots
c) Biocon Inc
d) Elorac Inc
13. Who of the following on 23 November 2015 won the Argentina's presidential elections?
a) Daniel Scioli
b) Sergio Massa
c) Gabriela Michetti
d) Mauricio Macri
14. A Railway Chair on Sustainable Mobility will be set up at which Indian University?
a) TERI University
b) Delhi University
c) Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
d) Jamia Millia Islamia
15. Which North-East Indian state will be developed as ‘bamboo State’ as per an announcement made by the Union Government on 23 November 2015?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
1-(c) 6-(a) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(b) 12-(a)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(d)
4-(b) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(c) 10-(a) 15-(b)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.