Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like task forces for adivasis and gorkhas, referendum for an amendment to the Constitution and WTO dispute settlement panel among others.
1. Name the state that on 24 February 2016 announced its decision to constitute two task forces for the development of Adivasis and Gorkhas living in the state.
a) West Bengal
2. Which Latin American country on 24 February 2016 rejected the referendum for an amendment to the Constitution for giving its president the power to re-contest the election for the fourth term?
3. Which Indian State on 24 February 2016 officially launched National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
4. Which of the following is not part of 26 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) whose certificate of registration was cancelled by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 22 February 2016?
a) Swadhaar Finserve Private Limited
b) Punwire Holdings Limited
c) IDFC Finance Limited
d) Swank Services Private Limited
5. Union Cabinet on 24 February 2016 gave approval for establishment of which mission with an aim to encourage innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurship?
a) Atal Innovation Mission
b) Swachha Bharat Mission
c) National Rural Health Mission
d) Total Sanitation Campaign
6. Who on 23 February 2016 was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court?
a) Justice Subhro Kamal
b) Justice Vineet Saran
c) Justice D H Waghela
d) Justice R S Reddy
7. The World Trade Organisation (WTO) dispute settlement panel on 24 February 2016 ruled in favour of which country in the matter related to exports of solar cells involving India?
a) United States of America
8. Which Tamil movie was in February 2016 selected for the Remi Award?
a) Mayakkam Enna
b) Kanavu Variyam
c) Thanga Magan
9. Where will be the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) head quartered as per a proposal approved by the Union Cabinet on 24 February 2016?
b) New Delhi
10. Union Cabinet approved an agreement with which country for the avoidance of double taxation of income from international air transport on 24 February 2016?
11. Union Cabinet on 24 February 2016 gave its nod to a proposal for providing a credit of 150 million US Dollars from EXIM Bank for the development of which port?
a) Belem Port in Brazil
b) Medan Port in Indonesia
c) Aqaba Port in Jordan
d) Chabahar Port in Iran
12. What is the quantum of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) according to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance that submitted its report on 24 February 2016?
a) 22000 crore rupees
b) 25024 crore rupees
c) 24000 crore rupees
d) 21024 crore rupees
13. Identify the distinguished Scientist, who took charge as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) on 23 February 2016.
a) KN Vyas
b) Sekhar Basu
c) Ratan Kumar Sinha
d) None of these
14. Supreme Court of India on 23 February 2016 ruled that the top officials and employees of which banks should be considered as public servants for the purposes of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988?
a) Public Sectors Banks
b) Private Banks
c) Non-Banking Financial Companies (NFBCs)
d) Foreign Banks
15. Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Ministry held the ninth meeting of National Steering Committee on 22 February 2016 at which place?
c) New Delhi
1-(a) 6-(a) 11-(d)
2-(d) 7-(a) 12-(b)
3-(b) 8-(b) 13-(a)
4-(d) 9-(b) 14-(b)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(c)