Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Ashgabat Agreement, National Investment and Infrastructure Fund and North East Business Summit 2016 among others.
1. Which one of the following is not the founding member of Ashgabat Agreement that was in news in March 2016?
2. The Ashgabat Agreement that was in news in March 2016 is an international transit corridor that will facilitate transportation of goods between Central Asia and
a) Gulf of Oman
b) Persian Gulf
c) Mediterranean Sea
d) Gulf of Aden
3. The Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) that was approved by the Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 will be implemented in rural areas of all the States/Union Territories except
a) Delhi and Chandigarh
b) Puducherry and Delhi
c) Delhi and Kerala
d) Chandigarh and Puducherry
4. Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 approved the 1500 million US dollar project of World Bank to support Swachh Bharat Mission - Gramin (SBM-G) that seeks to achieve universal sanitation coverage in rural areas by the year
5. Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 gave post-facto approval to the MoU on mobilizing long term investment into the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) with which country?
a) Saudi Arabia
d) United Arab Emirates (UAE)
6. The Union Cabinet in March 2016 approved transfer of 50 acre of land from Central Sheep & Wool Research Institute (CSWRI) to Rajasthan for establishment of Veterinary University Training and Research Centre. The CSWRI is in which district of Rajasthan?
7. The Union Cabinet in March 2016 gave its approval to Revised Cost Estimate (RCE) of 4020.63 crore rupees for the ongoing 720 MW Mangadechhu Hydroelectric Project (HEP). The project is located in which country?
8. Union Cabinet on 23 March 2016 gave the approval for MoU on agriculture with which country?
9. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), which region will be a big source of crude oil imports for India as country's oil demand is set to increase to five million barrels per day by 2021?
a) Gulf region
b) The United States of America (USA)
c) Middle East region
d) Central Asia region
10. North East Business Summit, 2016 will be organised in which State from 7 April – 9 April 2016?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
11. The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on 23 March 2016 notified the E-Waste Management Rules, 2016 that will supersede the e-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, of which year?
12. Annual target of electrifying how many villages was achieved under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY) in the year 2015-16?
13. Identify the World War I era tug that was in news on 23 March 2016 after being discovered after 95 years.
a) TOM Bennett
b) Luzon US
c) Maryann US
d) USS Conestoga
14. Identify the renowned Comedian, actor, writer and producer who died on 24 March 2016 in Santa Monica, the USA?
a) Roger Rees
b) Garry Shandling
c) Fred Thompson
d) Jerry Weintraub
15. What is the theme of International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2016 celebrated on 25 March 2016?
a) Women and Slavery
b) Africa: Out of Slavery
c) Remember Slavery
d) None of These
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(a) 12-(c)
3-(a) 8-(c) 13-(d)
4-(c) 9-(c) 14-(b)
5-(d) 10-(b) 15-(c)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App