Daily Current Affairs Quiz brought to the readers by jagranjosh.com intends to help students in their preparations for different compeitive exams like civil services, SSC, Bank and MBA.
1. What was the theme of the World Intellectual Property Day 2016 that was on 26 April 2016 observed across the world?
a) Traditional Rights and the Virtual World
b) Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined
c) Innovation, Intellectual Property and Market Structure
d) Make Intellectual Property Your Business
2. Heart of Asia conference with an objective of bringing peace and stability to Afghanistan and speeding up its reconstruction began on 26 April 2016 in which city?
a) New Delhi
3. Which Oil refining company got green nod for its 694-crore rupees LPG project at Haldia Dock Complex in West Bengal on 25 April 2016?
a) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
c) ESSAR Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
d) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
4. Which country’s cabinet on 25 April 2015approved a law with provision to impeach Supreme Court judges if allegation of misconduct or incapacity is proved?
a) Sri Lanka
5. Identify the Indian origin wrestler who is set to represent Australia at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016.
a) Jagadeesh Moodera
b) Sonjay Dutt
c) Mahabali Veera
d) Vinod Kumar Dahiya
6. Name the India's first online interactive portal on the cultural heritage of the country launched on 23 April 2016 by the Union Government.
b) Together We Learn
c) The Cultural India
7. Which of the following countries will host the 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships?
a) South Africa
8. Name the football player who on 25 April 2016 won the Football Players’ Association of India (FPAI) Indian Player of the Year award.
a) Sunil Chhetri
b) Bikash Jairu
c) Jeje Lalpekhlua
d) Dhanachandra Singh
9. Which of the following players on 24 April 2016 became the first African footballer to win the Professional Footballers Association’s (PFA) Player of the Year award for the 2015–16 season?
a) Eden Hazard
b) Gareth Bale
c) Luis Suárez
d) Riyad Mahrez
10. Name the founder of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front who passed away on 26 April 2016.
a) Amanullah Khan
b) Ataullah Khan
c) Rehmatullah Khan
d) Ataullah Zafar
11. Name the renowned Freedom fighter who died on 25 April 2016 and was famously known as Didi of tribal Dang district?
a) Poornima Arvind Pakvasa
b) Bedadyuti Jha
c) Anjali Chandrashekhar
d) Avani Singh
12. Which Bill was passed by Lok Sabha on 25 April 2016 to provide statutory status to the existing Regional Centre for Biotechnology in Faridabad, Haryana?
a) The Biotechnology Regulatory Authority of India Bill, 2016
b) National Biotechnology Regulatory Bill, 2016
c) Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016
d) Region Biotechnology Authority Bill, 2016
13. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Madhya Pradesh Government on 25 April 2016 entered into an agreement for research and innovation in preventive health with which pharmaceutical company?
a) Cadila Healthcare
c) Sun Pharma
d) Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
14. India on 25 April 2016 started a joint training exercise named ‘Nomadic Elephant-2016’ with which country?
15. The Lok Sabha on 25 April 2016 passed the Sikh Gurdwaras (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that seeks to remove the voting rights of a Sikh community in electing Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) members. Name the Sikh community.
1. (b) Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined
2. (a) New Delhi
3. (b) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
4. (b) Bangladesh
5. (d) Vinod Kumar Dahiya
6. (a) Sahapedia
7. (b) India
8. (c) Jeje Lalpekhlua
9. (d) Riyad Mahrez
10. (a) Amanullah Khan
11. (a) Poornima Arvind Pakvasa
12. (c) Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016
13. (c) Sun Pharma
14. (b) Mongolia
15. (a) Sahejdari