Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation and Defence Expo 2016 among others.
1. In which country in March 2016 lawmakers introduced a bill for enabling India to become a member of regional economic forum Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)?
c) The United States
2. As per a notification issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in March 2016, what percentage of FDI has been allowed under automatic route in Insurance and Pension sector?
3. Name the famous story telling (Kadhaprasangam) artiste and Malayalam film actor who passed away at the age of 70 in March 2016.
a) V Sambasivan
b) Shankarlal C Bhatt
c) VD Rajappan
d) Jeeva Ragunath
4. Scientists at Lucknow-based CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) have found which plant to have medicinal values to cure cancer?
5. Which public sector oil company received the nod of the Russian government to buy 15% in the country's second biggest oil field of Vankor from Rosneft for 8648.57 crore rupees?
a) Oil India Limited
b) ONGC Videsh Limited
c) Indian Oil Corporation
d) Gas Authority of India Limited
6. According to Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal by which year India will become 100% electric vehicle nation?
7. In which State Defence Expo 2016 will be held from 28 March to 31 March 2016?
8. Which company commissioned a 600 MW thermal power plant at Jaipur in Adilabad district of Telangana?
a) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
b) National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
c) GVK Power & Infrastructure Limited
d) GMR Power Corporation Limited
9. Shane Watson on 24 March 2016 announced his retirement from international cricket. To which national team he has played for over 14 years?
b) New Zealand
c) South Africa
10. Identify the State. ISRO on 21 March 2016 established the Gadanki Ionospheric Radar Interferometer or GIRI in this State to study the Ionosphere.
b) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
11. The ICTY tribunal of the UN on 24 March 2016 sentenced the former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic to 40-year imprisonment for war crimes. Against this backdrop, identify the city in which the tribunal is located.
a) The Hague
b) New York
12. Famous soccer player Johan Cruyff died on 24 March 2016 in Barcelona, Spain. He played for which national football team?
a) The Netherlands
13. Identify the journal that revealed that the spin axis of Earth’s moon shifted by about five degrees roughly three billion years ago on 23 March 2016.
a) Solar Physics
b) The Observatory
c) Scientific American
14. Identify the English word that made its first printed appearance in the 23 March 1839 in issue of the Boston Morning Post of the Providence Journal and completed 177 years on 23 March 2016?
a) OK (Oll Korrect)
15. According to the Revised Framework for Revival and Rehabilitation of Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises issued by the RBI, by which date all the banks should implement these guidelines?
a) 30 June 2016
b) 1 April 2016
c) 30 April 2016
d) 31 July 2016
1-(c) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(b) 7-(c) 12-(a)
3-(c) 8-(a) 13-(d)
4-(b) 9-(a) 14-(a)
5-(b) 10-(d) 15-(a)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App