Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2016-2017, World Rabies Day, and 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement among others.
1. The Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2016-2017 was released in September 2016. Consider the following statements in context to the project
I. The report assessed the competitiveness landscape of 140 economies
II. It was released by World Bank
III. Switzerland topped the list
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
2. India was ranked at which position in the Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2016-2017?
3. Which two countries recently held first high level dialogue on counter-terrorism and security?
a) India and Malaysia
b) India and China
c) India and Bangladesh
d) The USA and Cuba
4. Name the American filmmaker, often called as the Godfather of Gore, who died recently.
a) Herschell Gordon Lewis
b) Adam Lewis Gordon
c) Hugh Hefner
d) None of the above
5. What was the theme for World Rabies Day that was observed on 28 September 2016?
a) Rabies: Understand it to defeat it.
b) Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
c) End Rabies Together
d) Rabies: Eradicate it globally
6. Who will be honoured with the 2016 Lata Mangeshkar Award for Lifetime Achievement of the Maharashtra Government?
a) Karsh Kale
b) Krishna Kalle
c) Kavita Krishnamurthy
d) Uttam Singh
7. Which airport became first in the Asia-Pacific region to achieve the Carbon Neutrality status by Airport Carbon Accreditation?
a) Tokyo Haneda Airport
b) Kuala Lumpur International Airport
c) Indira Gandhi International Airport
d) Dubai International Airport
8. Which of the following symbols is not included in the Official Emblem for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India unveiled recently?
a) Indian Ocean
b) Tulsi Plant
9. Jim Yong Kim was recently reappointed as the President of the World Bank. He was first appointed as the President in which year?
10. India on 28 September 2017 observed which birth anniversary of revolutionary socialist Shaheed Bhagat Singh?
11. Name the person who was appointed as first US ambassador to Cuba in 55 years by President Barack Obama.
a) Marcia Stephens Bloom Bernicat
b) Jeffrey DeLaurentis
c) Cameron Munter
d) Richard G. Olson
12. Name the organisation that in its pollution report claimed that 92 percent of the world’s population is breathing poor quality air.
a) World Health Organization (WHO)
b) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
c) Global Environment Facility (GEF)
d) Global Climate Observing System (GCOS)
13. Name the Moon of Jupiter on which the evidence of possible water plumes was discovered by astronomers of NASA.
14. Shimon Peres, who passed away recently, was the former President and Prime Minister of which country?
15. Name the country that topped the Global Competitiveness Index, GCI 2016-17 released in September 2016.
c) United States of America
1. (a) Only III
2. (b) 39
3. (b) India and China
4. (a) Herschell Gordon Lewis
5. (b) Rabies: Educate. Vaccinate. Eliminate.
6. (d) Uttam Singh
7. (c) Indira Gandhi International Airport
8. (b) Tulsi Plant
9. (a) 2012
10. (c) 109th
11. (b) Jeffrey DeLaurentis
12. (a) World Health Organization (WHO)
13. (c) Europa
14. (b) Israel
15. (a) Switzerland