Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like mosquito repellent uniform at Rio Olympics, Line of Credit (LoC) of 1 billion US dollars and passage of Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 among others.
1. Name the country that on 27 April 2016 announced that its Olympic athletes will wear uniforms that have been infused with insect repellent to keep mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus at bay.
a) South Korea
2. India on 28 April 2016 extended a Line of Credit (LoC) of 1 billion US dollars to which country during its Foreign Minister Lundeg Purevsuren’s visit to New Delhi?
3. The Rajya Sabha on 28 April 2016 passed the Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 that seeks to amend the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act of
4. Rajya Sabha on 28 April 2016 passed the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to include certain communities in the list of Scheduled Castes (SC) from how many states?
5. Name the former state minister and senior Congress leader who passed away after a prolonged illness on 29 April 2016.
a) Satyendra Pathak
b) Sahib Singh Verma
c) GMC Balayogi
d) Mahendra Karma
6. For the cooperation in which fields did Union Cabinet approved for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Papua New Guinea on 27 April 2016?
a) Healthcare and Medical Science
b) Army and Information Technology
c) Defence and Aviation Technology
d) None of these
7. The Industries (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015 which was passed by the Parliament in April 2016 conform with Supreme Court’s 1997 judgement in which case?
a) Uttar Pradesh Distillery versus Union of India case
b) Goa Distillery versus Union of India case
c) Gujarat Distillery versus Union of India case
d) Bihar Distillery versus Union of India case
8. Which product was brought under the purview of imposing stock holding limits on dealers by the state governments with the approval of Union Cabinet on 27 April 2016?
9. Which country’s expertise in urban planning will be utilized in the Urban Management Programme that was launched by NITI Aayog on 27 April 2016 to build the capacities of State Governments and Urban Local Bodies?
10. Union Government decided to extend the ceasefire with NSCN(R) for a further period of how many years with effect from 28 April 2016?
11. Rajya Sabha on 28 April 2016 passed the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2016 seeks to amend Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order of
12. Who was appointed as amicus curiae by the Supreme Court to explore how the recommendations of the Justice RM Lodha committee could be implemented?
a) Hari Ramchandra Gokhle
b) P Govinda Menon
c) KT Harinhanath
d) Gopal Subramanium
13. Name the Chinese human rights activist and founder of Laogai Research Foundation who died on 26 April 2016.
a) Harry Wu
b) Xin Wu
c) Falun Gong
d) Robin Wush
14. Japan's Olympic organisers on 25 April 2016 unveiled the new official logos of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. The logos are designed by
a) Olivier Debie
b) Asao Tokolo
c) Kenjiro Sano
d) None of the above
15. Name the Indian athlete who on 27 April 2016, at the first stage of the World Cup in Shanghai, equalled Ki Bo-Bae's world record of 686/720 in the women's recurve event.
a) Anjali Bhagwat
b) Geetika Jakhar
c) Kavita Raut
d) Deepika Kumari
1. (a) South Korea
2. (d) Mongolia
3. (b) 1951
4. (b) Four
5. (a) Satyendra Pathak
6. (a) Healthcare and Medical Science
7. (d) Bihar Distillery versus Union of India case
8. (b) Sugar
9. (c) Singapore
10. (a) One
11. (a) 1950
12. (d) Gopal Subramanium
13. (a) Harry Wu
14. (b) Asao Tokolo
15. (d) Deepika Kumari
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.