Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like test cricket captain of New Zealand, Graphene e-paper, International Dance Day, Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare 2016 among others.
1. Who was confirmed as 29th test cricket captain of New Zealand cricket Team on 28 April 2016?
a) Kane Williamson
b) Martin Guptill
c) Corey Anderson
d) Tim Southee
2. Name the material with which China developed a new electronic paper of its kind that was in news in the last of April 2016.
a) Boron Nitride
d) None of these
3. He resigned from the post of head of the Tata Steel sports department on 28 April 2016 –
a) TV Narendran.
b) Anju Bobby George
c) Charles Borromeo
d) None of These
4. For which fields did Union government gave exception in the notification that banned the import of dogs for commercial breeding on 27 April 2016?
a) Science & Technology
b) Biological Research & Home Domestic
c) Crime detection and Sports
d) Research or Defence purposes
5. Identify the council that organizes the International Dance Day 2016 that is celebrated on 29 April 2016.
a) International Dance Council
b) World Arts Council
c) International Arts & Sports Council
d) None of these
6. Name the cricketer who smashed the fastest T20 century in just 21 deliveries in the Tobago Cricket Association’s T20 tournament at Louis D’or on 27 April 2016.
a) Chris Gayle
b) Iraq Thomas
c) Darren Sammi
d) Darren Brovo
7. The World Anti-Doping Agency on 27 April 2016 published its second annual Anti-Doping Rule Violations Report. What is the rank of India in the report?
8. Singapore’s DBS bank on 26 April 2016 launched a mobile-only bank in India. What is the name of the bank?
c) Both (a) and (b)
d) None of the above
9. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 28 April 2016 inaugurated 100 piped water supply projects for rural areas. The projects were inaugurated on the birth anniversary of –
a) Sarala Das
b) Kavisurya Baladev Rath
c) Utkal Gaurab Madhusudan Das
d) Gangadhar Meher
10. Name the global information services company that in the last week of April 2016 launched a fraud detection mechanism named the Hunter Fraud Score.
11. Which of the following paper currencies on 25 April 2016 won the IBNS Banknote of the Year Award for 2015?
a) New Zealand’s 5 dollar note
b) Sweden’s 20 Kronor note
c) Russia’s 100 Ruble note
d) Kazakhstan’s 20000 Tenge note
12. The International Jazz Day 2016 was observed across the world on 30 April 2016. This year the day was celebrated by UNESCO at which place?
c) Washington, DC
13. Who was appointed as the Director General (DG) of Railways Protection Force on 28 April 2016?
a) Ravinder Gupta
b) Sumit Singh Yadav
c) Shshank Arya
d) Surender Kumar Bhagat
14. Name the Indian academician who was on 28 April 2016 appointed to the United Nations' University Council?
a) Shashikala Prasad
b) Radha Kumar
c) Krishnamurthy Iyer
d) Renu Rana
15. The Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare 2016 was observed on which date?
a) 5 February
b) 20 January
c) 16 March
d) 29 April
2 -b) Graphene
5- a) International Dance Council
7- a) Third
8- b) Digibank
9- c) Utkal Gaurab Madhusudan Das
11-a) New Zealand’s 5 dollar note
13-c) Washington, DC
13-d) Surender Kumar Bhagat
14-b) Radha Kumar
15-d) 29 April
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.