Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like launch of BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, first civilian president of Myanmar and Special Currency Swap Agreement among others.
1. Name the country that on 30 March 2016 launched its 22nd satellite for its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS).
d) United States
2. Who was sworn-in as the first civilian president to lead the country after 53 years of military rule by Myanmar's Parliament on 30 March 2016?
a) Htin Kyaw
b) Aung San Suu Kyi
c) Thein Sein
d) Henry Van Thio
3. Which technology institute organised the First International Symposium on Fifth Generation (5G) technology?
a) Indian Institute of Technology Patna
b) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
c) Delhi Technological University
d) Indian Institute of Technology Madras
4. Which of the following is part of 22 Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) whose certificate of registration was cancelled by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 29 March 2016?
a) Swadhaar Finserve Private Limited
b) Punwire Holdings Limited
c) IDFC Finance Limited
d) Amazan Capital Limited
5. Name the institution that on 29 March 2016 decided to increase the Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPI) investment limit in Central Government securities.
c) Finance Ministry
6. The Reserve Bank of India on 29 March 2016 signed a Special Currency Swap Agreement with the Central Bank of
c) Sri Lanka
7. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 28 March 2016 signed 11 unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs), taking the overall number to
8. Which rule on 29 March 2016 was notified by the Environment Ministry for the first time?
a) Environment (Protection) (Fifth Amendment) Rules, 2016
b) Construction & Demolition Waste Management Rules, 2016
c) Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Rules, 2016
d) The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Rules, 2016
9. Name the renowned playback singer who in the last week of March 2016 entered the Guinness Book of Records for singing 17695 songs in 12 Indian languages.
a) Lata Mangeshkar
b) Asha Bhosle
c) P Susheela
d) SP Sailaja
10. Indian Space Research Organization is set to launch how many satellites in a single mission from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in May 2016?
11. The National Tsunami Early Warning Centre (NTEWC) of the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Service (INCOIS) installed a Sea-Level Tide Gauge at which place?
b) Laxmi Pet
12. Identify the former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir on whom President Pranab Mukherjee conferred Padma Vibhushan Award on 28 March 2016.
a) Karan Singh
c) K. V. Krishna Rao
d) Narinder Nath Vohra
13. Identify the famous Entrepreneur who was posthumously conferred with Padma Vibhushan Award by the President Pranab Mukherjee on 28 March 2016.
a) Ardeshir Darabshaw Shroff
b) Dhirubhai Hirachand Ambani
c) Verghese Kurien
d) None of these
14. Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel announced to set up a University to cater to which sector on 27 March 2016?
a) Organic farming
b) Inorganic farming
d) Petro chemical
15. Name the author of Legends of the Fall who died on 26 March 2016 due to cardiac arrest.
a) Jim Harrison
b) Harper Lee
c) Maya Angelou
d) Ray Bradbury
1-(a) 6-(c) 11-(a)
2-(a) 7-(b) 12-(b)
3-(a) 8-(b) 13-(b)
4-(d) 9-(c) 14-(a)
5-(a) 10-(d) 15-(a)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.