Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like 2016 Rio Olympics opening ceremony, programme MAA - Mothers’ Absolute Affection, a country banned Pokemon Go app among others.
1. What is the aim of nation-wide programme MAA - Mothers’ Absolute Affection that was launched by Health Minister J P Nadda?
a) Promotion of breastfeeding
b) Showcase mother-child relation
c) Encourage care of mother by her child
d) None of the above
2. Who of the following was India’s flag bearer during parade at 2016 Rio Olympics opening ceremony?
a) Sania Mirza
b) Mahesh Bhupathi
c) Abhinav Bindra
d) Dipa Karmakar
3. The opening ceremony of 2016 Rio Olympics was held at which stadium?
a) Maracana Stadium
b) Rice–Eccles Stadium
c) BC Place Stadium
d) Turin Stadium
4. Who of the following lit the 2016 Olympic cauldron?
a) Gustavo Kuerten
b) Vanderlei de Lima
c) Desiree Henry
d) Irina Rodnina
5. Who of the following will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat?
a) Nitinbhai Patel
b) Vijay Rupani
c) Nitin Patel
d) Saurabh patel
6. Name the country that has banned Pokemon Go app because of unspecified security concerns.
7. Name the state that has decided to provide as many as 1200 wi-fi hotspots in its capital.
c) Andhra Pradesh
8. Name the country that decided not to host the European Road Cycling Championships, planned for 14 to 18 September 2016, for security reasons.
9. The Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre (EZCC), an autonomous organization under Union Ministry of Culture, has organized a 64-day-long theatre festival in which city?
10. Name the state that launched a unique Water Resources Information System to assess accurate reserves of water in thousands of Tanks and reservoirs across the state.
11. What is the name of China’s first satellite for mobile telecommunication that was launched recently?
a) Yaogan 26
12. Name the metal compound that was used by researchers in converting carbon dioxide into Carbon Monoxide.
a) Tungsten boride (WB2)
b) Tungsten diselenide (WSe2)
c) Aluminium antimonide (AlSb)
d) Trisodium phosphate (Na3PO4)
13. Name the Nobel Prize-winning economist who quit an advisory panel to Panama's government set up after the Panama Papers scandal.
a) Paul Samuelson
b) Joseph Stiglitz
c) Paul Krugman
d) Michael Spence
14. Union Government has issued an advisory to all states to cap the cost of dengue diagnostic tests in private hospitals at
a) 500 rupees
b) 600 rupees
c) 800 rupees
d) 1000 rupees
15. Which of the following is not part of the four countries on which India will impose anti-dumping duty on imports of certain cold-rolled steel products?
1. (a) Promotion of breastfeeding
2. (c) Abhinav Bindra
3. (a) Maracana Stadium
4. (b) Vanderlei de Lima
5. (b) Vijay Rupani
6. (d) Iran
7. (b) Maharashtra
8. (a) France
9. (a) Kolkata
10. (d) Telangana
11. (c) Tiantong-01
12. (b) Tungsten diselenide (WSe2)
13. (b) Joseph Stiglitz
14. (b) 600 rupees
15. (d) Brazil
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.