Cycle to Recycle: Theme of Indian Army cycling event
Cycling event of Indian Army with the theme ‘Cycle to Recycle’ was flagged off on 8 March 2016 from Pangsau Pass on the India-Myanmar border.
It was flagged off by Brigadier DK Singh, Commander of the 25 Sector Assam Rifles based at Lekhapani in Tinsukia district.
Key features of the Cycling event
• It was organised as part of the Assam Rifles 181st raising day celebrations.
• The event is an effort to create public awareness about the need of nature and environment conservation.
• The 1000-km-long bicycle expedition from Pangsau Pass (3727 feet in altitude, lies on the crest of the Patkai Hills on the India-Burma border) was participated by of 10-member army team.
• The expedition will pass through the North-East States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Meghalaya.
• During the event the cycling team will visit the schools and colleges on the way and interact with students on various environmental issues.
• They will also meet the ex-servicemen from the Assam Rifles to find and mitigate their problems.
The event will culminate on 16 March 2016 in Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Flagged off
When: 8 March 2016