Deepak Agarwal appointed CEO of Noida Authority
Deepak Agarwal will replace P K Agarwal, who was officiating as the CEO of Noida Authority.
The Uttar Pradesh Government on 20 December 2016 appointed Deepak Agarwal, CEO of Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA), as the CEO of Noida Authority.
Deepak Agarwal will replace P K Agarwal, who was officiating as the CEO of Noida Authority. P K Agarwal was given the charge of Noida after the Uttar Pradesh Government relieved senior IAS officer Rama Raman from the post on 25 August 2016. However, P K Agarwal will continue to function as the additional CEO of Noida Authority.
Who is Deepak Agarwal?
- Deepak Agarwal is a 2000-batch IAS officer of UP cadre.
- He has been the GNIDA chief since September 2015.
- From February 2009 to March 2013, he was posted as the district magistrate of GB Nagar.
- He had suffered a bullet injury in his leg during the Bhatta Parsaul farmer-administration clashes in May 2011.
- As District Magistrate, he was instrumental in reining in the sand mining mafia in the region.