The TIME Magazine on April 19, 2018 released the 100 Most Influential People List of 2018 designating individuals whose time is now.
The 2018 list features the names of four self-made Indians- Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli, Ola co-founder Bhavish Aggarwal and Microsoft’s CEO Satya Nadella.
Flipkart’s Executive Chairman Sachin Bansal wrote the profile for Bhavish Aggarwal, while Sachin Tendulkar wrote for Virat Kohli, Hollywood actor Vin Diesel wrote for Deepika and Walter Isaacson, a former Managing Editor of TIME, wrote for Satya Nadella.
Highlights of the list
• The list also features the US President Donald Trump.
• The list of 100 Most Influential People of 2018 includes the names of actress Nicole Kidman, 'Wonder Women' starrer Gal Gadot, Prince Harry and his fiance Meghan Markle and singers Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez.
• The list also features the Heads of various countries such as Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Chinese President Xi Jinping, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un, Ireland's Prime Minister Leo Varadkar and Bangladesh's Prime Minister Shiekh Hasina.
• TIME also recognised the activist Tarana Burke, who founded the Me Too movement against the sexual predators.
• In the field of sports, the list names Chloe Kim, who is breaking all the records in snowboarding.
• Astronaut Peggy Whitson also made it to the list this year. Whitson recently completed her 665th cumulative day in space, which is more than any other American.
• 45 people on the list are under 40 years of age including the youngest designer and actor Millie Bobby Brown.