The Aam Aadmi Party-led Delhi Government on 11 March 2015 decided to enhance financial powers given to top bureaucrats. The decision was made in order to increase efficiency of all its departments and to clear projects.
Main points of the proposal
• Fund allocation to Head of Departments (HoDs) and administrative secretary will be increased. The expenditure limit of the every HoD will be increased to 3 lakh rupees per year from existing is 2 lakh rupees per year, while expenditure limit of secretaries will be increased to 5 lakh rupees from existing 3 lakh rupees.
• HoD will be allowed to shell out one lakh rupees on conveyance per month, at present, they are eligible for 30000 rupees for hiring conveyance. They can also shell out up to 2 lakh rupees on petty works, repairs and day to day and annual maintenance of the building.
• Secretaries will not be required to take nod from the Finance Department for executing the works and schemes which cost up to 10 crore rupees, at present, the limit is up to 5 crore rupees. They can shell out 7 lakh rupees on petty works, at present it was 5 lakh rupees.
• Approval of the financial department will be required for all schemes costing from 10 crore rupees to 15 crore rupees.
• Further, for all schemes above 15 crore rupees, up to 50 crore rupees will need approval of the empowered finance committee, headed by State Finance Minister.
• For projects up to 100 crore rupees, approval of the Chief Minister will be required and for projects costing more than 100 crore rupees approval of the council of the ministers will be needed.
When: 11 March 2015