The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) on 9 September 2015 launched Niryat Bandhu @ Your Desktop, an online certificate programme in export-import business under the Niryat Bandhu Scheme of Department of Commerce.
This programme will serve the twin objective of Digital India and Skill India. The DGFT collaborated with Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) to launch this innovative online programme for exporters and entrepreneurs.
The Online registration for the programme can be done from 10 September 2015 onwards at http://niryatbandhu.iift.ac.in/home.asp.
Highlights of the Niryat Bandhu @ Your Desktop
• This online programme will enable them to learn the essentials of export import business from the comfort of their homes, through direct live transmission of the lessons on their desktops.
• The sessions will be followed up by online question answer sessions where they can address their concerns with reputed experts from IIFT.
• A digital resource library shall also be available to them online.
• The first course with a capacity of 60 participants will begin from the first week of October 2015. The course comprises 20 sessions of 2 hours each between 6 pm to 8 pm.
• It is planned to have a similar programme every month for a batch of 60 participants. On successful completion of the programme, the participants will be awarded a certificate jointly by the DGFT and IIFT.
Niryat Bandhu Scheme
The Niryat Bandhu Scheme was announced as part of Foreign Trade Policy 2009-14 on 13 October, 2011 to focus on mentoring the first generation entrepreneurs in the field of international trade. While an overall allocation of 23.23 crore rupees was made for Plan period (2012-17), an amount of 2 crore rupees was allocated for the financial year 2014-15.
The objective of the Niryat Bandhu Scheme is to reach out to the potential exporters and mentor them through orientation programmes, counselling sessions and individual facilitation for being able to get into international trade and boost exports from India.
More than 18000 people were given orientation on export-import business under the Scheme during the financial year 2014-15.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched by DGFT
When: 9 September 2015