ESIC launches Mobile Clinic Services in AP, Telangana
ESI services cover around 48 lakh beneficiaries through 12 lakh insured persons in Telangana.
The Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) on 26 March 2017 launched Mobile Clinic Services for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
With this, workers, who are covered by the ESI facility but unable to access the medical services due to location problems, can now easily avail the services through these Mobile Clinics.
ESI services cover around 48 lakh beneficiaries through 12 lakh insured persons in Telangana. There are a total of six ESI hospitals, 70 dispensaries, 149 panel clinics and two diagnostic centres in the state.
Highlights of the Mobile Clinic Services
• Telangana and Andhra Pradesh became the first states in the country to offer the facility of mobile clinics. Later, the service will be made available in other parts of the country as well.
• These mobile clinics will serve the areas which are not covered by ESI Dispensaries in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
• 13 mobile clinics were launched initially and among them 8 clinics would serve in Adilabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam, Nalgonda and Nizamabad districts in Telangana.
• While, five clinics will serve Chittoor, Prakasam, Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, West Godavari, Nellore and Anantapur districts in Andhra Pradesh.
• Each clinic will have a vehicle with a doctor, pharmacist, attendant, driver and the necessary equipment and medicines.
• The vehicle will visit two locations in a day for three hours each and conduct basic investigations.
• Each location will be covered twice a week.
• The annual expenditure for these mobile clinics will be around Rs 30 crore.