Ex-Governor of Madhya Pradesh Ram Naresh Yadav passes away
He served as the Madhya Pradesh Governor from August 2011 to September 2016. He was also Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister from 1977-79.
Ram Naresh Yadav, former Governor of Madhya Pradesh, passed away on 22 November 2016 following a prolonged illness at a hospital in Lucknow. He was 90.
Yadav courted controversy after his name cropped up in the Vyapam recruitment scam during investigations. During the course of investigation of the Vyapam scam, the MP police's Special Task Force (STF) registered an FIR against Ram Naresh Yadav which was later quashed by the High Court.
About Ram Naresh Yadav
• Yadav had recently completed his term in the Raj Bhawan in Bhopal in September 2016.
• He served as the Madhya Pradesh Governor from August 2011 to September 2016.
• He was also Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister from 1977-79.
• In 1977, he was elected to the Lok Sabha from Azamgarh as a Janata Party candidate.
• He was a Rajya Sabha member from 1988 to 1989 from the Lok Dal, and from 1989 to 1994, he was with the Congress.
• He served as Deputy Chief Minister of UP under the Babu Banarasi Das government from 1979 to 1980.
• Participating in the socialist movement, he was imprisoned for 19 months during the Emergency.
• Born in Azamgarh in eastern UP in 1928, Yadav secured MA and LLB degrees from the esteemed Banaras Hindu University.