Andhra Pradesh’s first Smart Police Station started functioning on 6 February 2017 at Nagarampalem in Guntur city.
The station, which has the look and feel of a corporate-style office, was inaugurated by the state’s Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
• The station has plush interiors and exteriors, similar to that of a corporate office.
• It does not have any boundary walls, instead, it has beautifully landscaped exteriors and glass facade.
• Along with this, it is fully air-conditioned with all necessary requirements including a dormitory, staff room, mini control room and a reception chamber.
• It also has individual enclosures for the Station House Officer and three Sub-Inspectors.
• It is completely under the watch of closed circuit television cameras (CCTV) for closer surveillance of staff behaviour and movement of visitors.
• Instead of the usual khaki outfit, the staff at the station is required to sport a light blue shirt along with a pair of navy blue trousers.
• The women constables are required to wear a light blue sari and female receptionists are supposed to team the sari with an additional navy blue blazer.
• Detainees at the station will be housed inside a custody room instead of the usual lock-up. The custody room is equipped with a double bed.
The facility was built within a period of two months at a cost of about Rs 91 lakh. It is one among the two model Smart Police Stations that are to be constructed in Guntur as a part of a pilot project undertaken by the Andhra Police administration. The actual plan includes construction of 100 more of such Smart Police Stations across the state.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.