Nedurumilli Janardhan Reddy, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh died in Hyderabad on 9 May 2014. Till his death, Reddy was a sitting Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh. He was elected to Rajya Sabha in 2009.
About Nedurumilli Janardhan Reddy
• Janardhan Reddy, 80, served as chief minister of Andhra Pradesh from December 1990 to October 1992.
• He was born in Wakadu on 20 February 1935.
• He became the AP Congress Committee president in 1988.
• He was elected to the State Assembly from Venkatagiri in 1989.
• He was replaced by Marri Channa Reddy as CM in 1990.
• He also led the Congress party to regain power in AP after N T Rama Rao (Telugu Desam Party) who ruled from 1983 to 1989.
• He was elected to Lok Sabha from Bapatla, Narasaraopeta and Visakhapatnam three times in 1998, 1999 and 2004.