Subrata Banerjee, the former international umpire, passed away on 19 August 2016 in Kolkata. He was 71.
Banerjee had a 15-year career at the international level, where he officiated in 13 ODIs.
About Subrata Banerjee
• Banerjee officiated in men's and women's international matches, as well as in age group tournaments, and stood in a women's Test match.
• He made his international debut in November 1983 in an ODI between India and West Indies in Baroda.
• His last international appearance came in May 1998 in a match between India and Kenya in Gwalior.
• He also worked as an umpire coach for the BCCI in addition to serving as an umpire's educator.
• He had also served as a television umpire in ODIs and was the reserve umpire in the India-England Test in Mohali in 2001.
• His umpiring career spanned for 39 years wherein he officiated in 64 first-class matches.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Passed away
When: 19 August 2016