Jagran Josh Logo

Gene Discovered That Identifies Your Time of Death

Nov 19, 2012 12:47 IST

Researchers at the Division of Neurology, University of Toronto in third week of November discovered the common gene alternate which can influence the time you wake up every morning as well as the time of the day when you are most likely to die.  In the research, the scientists identified that variant of the gene which can virtually affect the whole population. The discovery identifies the variant which can determine when a person will die.

The research is said to be surprising and is going to help in planning the medical treatments. This research will also help in analyzing the medical condition of the weak patients.
According to the researchers, there is a biological clock within us which can help in regulating various aspects of the human biology as well as behavioral patterns and these include times when a person can perform brilliantly, their preferred sleeping patterns as well as timing of the psychological processes. This biological clock can also influence timings of the medical events such as heart attack and stroke.

It has been found that earliness or lateness of the biological clock within the body can be inherited. Experiments on animals suggest that this earliness or lateness can also be influenced by certain kinds of genes.
In the research, wake-sleep patterns of people were compared along with their genotypes. The researchers found out single nucleotide (nucleotides are responsible for making the basic units of RNA and DNA molecules) near the gene known as Period 1. At this site, around 60 percent people have nucleotide base A or Adenine and 40 percent have G or Guanine.

There are two pairs of chromosomes in the individuals, which is why there are around 36 percent chances of two As, 16 percent having two Gs and 48 percent having both As and Gs at the site. It is this genotype which affects the pattern of each person. For example, people with A-A genotype usually wake up one hour earlier than the people with genotype G-G. Those with A-Gs genotypes wake up in middle.

Expression of Period 1 gene remained lower in brains as well as white blood cells of individuals with G-G genotype than with A-A genotype, but only in day.
Virtually, all the physiological processes include a circadian rhythm which means that these occur in the certain parts of a day. There is a circadian rhythm of the death as well and it has been found that people will most likely die in morning hours, especially around 11 am on an average.

Is this article important for exams ? Yes9 People Agreed
Post Comment
1 Comment

srikar barik,

articles are very interesting.........

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • By clicking on Submit button, you agree to our terms of use
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

Newsletter Signup
Follow us on