Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Chairman R.K. Tyagi was on 16 January 2015 conferred with the JGBS-Top Rankers' Excellence Award for CEO of the year 2014.
Tyagi played a key role in 2014 being a successful year for HAL through series of initiatives. The year was dedicated for Integrity, Customer Focus and Quality (ICQ).
The award has been instituted by Jindal Global Business School (JGBS) and Top Rankers’ Management Consultants.
JGBS is part of O P Jindal Global University, Delhi whereas Top Rankers’ Management Consultants is a Delhi based executive search company which provides recruitment and HR solutions to various organizations.
HAL's performance under R K Tyagi in 2014
• HAL was rated as Excellent with a score of 1.08 for the year 2013-14 which is the best among all Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
• The company emerged in top six public sector companies out of over 180 PSEs assessed by Department of Public Enterprises (DPE).
• HAL designed and developed Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) Technology Demonstrator TD-3 that showcased Company’s approach for design and development.
• The Ground Test Vehicle (GTV) run of Light Utility Helicopter was another important milestone.
• The first ROH Su-30 aircraft was recently handed over to the Indian Air Force in Nashik by the company.
• On Research and Development front, HAL did extremely well during 2014 by focusing on patents and Intellectual Property Rights. The number of patents filed by HAL increased from 71 in 2012-13 to 209 in 2013-14 and to 773 in 2014-15.
• HAL also contributed to the success of Mars Orbiter Mission and GSLV Mk III launch in 2014.
When: 16 January 2015