Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Virbhadra Singh Presented the State Budget of Himachal Pardesh on 14 March 2013 in the Vidhan Sabha for a record 16th time.
The Major highlights of the Budget was the announcement of an unemployment allowance of 1000 rupees and increased salaries of PTA teachers in the Budget 2013-14 presented in the Assembly. The Chief Minister announced a skill development allowance of 1000 per month to be given to 10+2 and above educated unemployed youth.
The Chief Minister proposed hike in PTA grants to lecturer school cadre from 7250 to Rupees 10875; for the TGT from 6950 to 10425 Rupees ; and for C&V teachers from 6750 to 10125 Rupees.
Budget of Himachal Pradesh 2013-14 at a Glance
• The total budget estimate for 2013-14 was of 21767 crore Rupees
• An outlay of 175 crore proposed for the state food subsidy scheme.
• Annual plan outlay of 4100 crore proposed for 2013-14.
• Under Rajiv Gandhi Digital Student Yojna 5000 meritorious students would be provided netbooks/tablet computers.
• Milk procurement price has also been increased from the 17.80 rupees a litre to 18.80 Rupees per litre from 1 April 2013.
• Each MLA would be given a budget of 2 lakh rupees as discretionary grant fund.
• Except for doubling VAT on cigarettes and bidis to 36 per cent and 22 per cent respectively and rationalisation of VAT on footwears, no other tax has been proposed in the 21767.26-crore rupees budget for next financial year.
• 618 and 837Government senior secndary schools and Government high schools would be benefitted with Smart classroom solution.
• The budget proposals, however, leave a deficit of 2324 crore rupees which would be met through borrowings.
• The budget had an announcement of 270 crore rupees to subsidise domestic power consumers and an outlay of 175 crore rupees for the state food subsidy scheme.
• The expenditure on committed liabilities has been pegged at 16003 crore rupees (73.54 per cent). Salaries, pensions and interest and loan repayments alone account for 13947 crore rupees (64.09 per cent).
• The budget deficit was expected to be 2.85 per cent of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP).
• The total revenue receipts are estimated at 17700 crore Rupees while the total revenue expenditure is estimated at 17646 crore Rupees leaving a revenue surplus of 54 crore Rupees.
• The expected receipts in capital account of the government are 3540 crore Rupees and 650 crore Rupees in Public Account including Provident Fund while the Capital expenditure, including loan repayments is estimated at 4120 crore Rupees
• Himachal Pradesh Government will appoint state commissioner for disposal of public grievances.
• Production of Mushroom to be treated as agricultural activity in Himachal Pradesh
• Maize, Paddy and Fodder seeds would be provided at 50% subsidy to the farmers for the Kharif season 2013.
• Patients suffering from Cancer, Spinal injuries and Dialysis medical problem would be provided free travel facility in HRTC buses along with an attendant.
• Announcement of Food and power subsidies of around 450 Crore rupees
• Financial assistance to the NGOs/Trusts for setting up and running of Gaushalas for provision of cowsheds, fodder etc.
• Procurement price of apple, mango kinnow, malta and galgal to be increased by 50 paisa per KG.
• Anti hail nets to horticulturists on 80% subsidy.
• Housing Grant under Rajiv Awas Yojna and state housing schemes to be increased from 48500 to 75000.
• Bi-monthly reimbursement of 350 to be given to BDOs, Tehsildars, Naib Tehsildars and officers in charge of police stations, chowkis and fire stations for use of mobile phone.
• Water supply at 70 LPCD to additional 2500 habitations, 2000 hand pumps to be installed during the next financial year.
• High Powered Committee for speedy clearances of Hydroprojects.
• 270 crore to subsidise domestic consumers of electricity.
• 10 crore to be provided for construction and upgradation of the Bus Stands at subdivisions and blocks.
• 9% VAT on all types of footwear.
• Cash prize given to the outstanding players of the state to be doubled. Award money of 50 Parshuram awardees to be enhanced from existing 50000 Rupees to 1 lakh.
• Monthly incentive to be increased from 15000 to 25000 Rupees and from 25000 to 40000 to encourage PG doctors to opt for interior locations.
• At least 20% women to be recruited at constable and Sub Inspector level.
• Assistance given for remarriage of widows and inter caste marriage to be enhanced from 25000 to 50,000.
• Mahila Kalyan Board will be set up in the state.
Who: Virbhadra Singh
Where: Himachal Pradesh
When: 14 March 2013