The Ministry of Railways and the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation of the Kingdom of Sweden on 15 February 2016 inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on technical cooperation in rail sector.
The MoU aims at developing cooperation activities in the railway area to promote efficiency and sustainability and achieve concrete results with regard to bilateral trade, investment, research and technology transfer.
The MoU was signed by Girish Pillai, Adviser / Infrastructure on behalf of Ministry of Railways, and Oscar Stenstrom, State Secretary on behalf of Swedish Government.
Key highlights of the MoU
• Benchmark railways policy development, regulations, organization and specific characteristics for each country.
• Exchange of knowledge, technical expertise, innovation, technology, sustainable solutions and research.
• Other cooperation projects agreed between the participants, such as, tilting coaches/trains, capacity allocation (time tabling) and optimisation of maintenance and improved freight/combination traffic.
• Training and continuing education program in reliability and maintenance of rail transport system for railway engineers and managers.
• The MoU will remain in force for 5 years from the date of signing. However, it can be extended for a further period of 5 years with the written consent of both sides.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: India and Sweden
When: 15 February 2016