India and Venezuela on 20 December 2013 signed a Programme on Cultural Exchange. The programme was signed by the Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Ravindra Singh and Minister of State for the Promotion of Cultural Economy, Ministry of People’s Power for Culture, Venezuela Javier Sarabia after delegation level talks between the two countries.
Programme on Cultural Exchange shall be valid for three years. Thereafter, it shall be renewed automatically for a term of three years at a time unless either Party gives in writing an advance notice of its intention to terminate.
According to the Programme of Cultural Exchange both the countries have decided to
• To promote the exchange of bilingual publications (traditional and contemporary stories)
• On a reciprocal basis, participation of India in the Venezuela’s International Book Fair
• To provide the customs and tax condition in accordance with their domestic legislation, in order to provide assistance to the International Book Fairs in their respective countries
• To encourage the participation of Venezuelan and Indian poets and writers in the literature festivals organized by both countries
• To encourage the participation of India in the Venezuela’s World Festival of Poetry
• Make an issue of the magazine Actualidades (a CELARG publication) on India or on Indian writers
In the field of Film and Media according to the Programme of Cultural Exchange, both the countries have to undertake
• Indian will have to promoted participation of Venezuelan film works at international movie exhibitions organized by India
• To encourage the participation of Indian movies in the National Film Library and community rooms of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
• The diplomatic/consular/missions of both the countries will organize movie exhibitions
• Fora should be organized with the purpose of exchange in the expertise between the film makers and representatives from both countries
• Invite personalities and new film makers to give lectures at the National Lab of Film and Media in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
• Encourage the institutional links between the Autonomous National Center of Film Making of Venezuela and the Institute of Cinema and Television of India.
• Encourage the acquisition of Distribution Rights of Indian film works by the film distributor Amazonia Films
• To promote the participation of Venezuelan film works at Indian international film festivals and vice versa
In the field of Image and Space Arts, both the countries have to undertake
• To increase the exchange of knowledge with specialists in the field of drawing techniques with natural pigments, specialists in dying with natural inks and the use of enzymes
• Six specialist will have to organize workshops together with the local specialist in the Venezuelan communities as per the interest of the Institute of Image and Space Arts
• Participation of two artists, lecturers and/ or specialists to the events organized by the Institute of Image and Space Arts
• Knowledge exchange with the purpose of training in the two states of the Venezuela with the help of a photographer or specialist from India, a group of thirty people consisting of students, artists, and members of the community in general
• For the purpose of encouraging the photographic creation, the community management of photography, the curatorial and museum experience, the use of new means and technologies for the promotion of photography, its preservation or creation of data bank and photo files Fundación Centro Nacional de la Fotografía de Venezuela- FUNDACENAF ( Foundation National Center of Photography in Venezuela), will organize an event and invite one photographer and /or specialist in photography for the purpose to participate in the event
In the field of Stage and Music Arts, both the countries undertake to
• Participation of a Venezuelan theatre company in the New Delhi’s Festival to diffuse the Venezuelan theatre in India
• Exchange of six specialists belonging to a Kathakali theatre group for the purpose of organizing workshops and presentations in the Venezuela for one week
• Participation of one dancer or couple of dancers from India at the International Dance Festivals Solos y Duetos (Solos & Duets)
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.