India in June 2015 launched online registration system named eMigrate system (www.emigrate.gov.in) for foreign employers (FEs) who wants to recruit Indian workers, including nurses. Under the system, FEs will have to register in the eMigrate system.
The filled registration application will be vetted by the Indian mission.
The new system will be implemented in phases.
Features of eMigrate system
• It will allow FEs to raise their demand for Indian workers and seek a permit to recruit directly or select Recruiting Agents (RAs) in online manner.
• Such FEs will have to declare the terms and conditions of employment of each category of the job at the time of applying for the demand registration.
• The declared terms and conditions of employment will act as a specimen contract and will form the part of employment contract at the time of actual recruitment.
Conditions for Foreign Employers (FEs)
• FEs recruiting more than 150 Indian workers are required to register online with immediate effect in order to raise demand and seek a permit to recruit directly or select RAs.
• FEs recruiting between 50-150 Indian workers are required to register online before 30 June 2015.
• FEs recruiting between 20-50 Indian workers are required to register online before 31 July 2015.
• FEs recruiting less than Indian workers are required to register online before 31 August 2015.
In case of recruitment of nurses, the overseas employment will have to be through three state-run recruiting agencies, namely Non-Resident Keralites's Affairs Department (NORKA-ROOTS) Thiruvananthapuram, Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants (ODEPC) Thiruvananthapuram and Overseas Manpower Corporation Limited (OMCL) Chennai.
The emigration of nurses for overseas employment will also require prior emigration clearance from Protector of Emigrants' offices in India. The recruitment agencies which are authorized to recruit Indian nurses will not charge any fees towards recruitment expenses from Indian nurses.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.