Indian men and women elite cyclists on 18 November 2015 won five medals on the opening day of the Track Asia Cup.
The cyclists won one gold medal, three silver medals and one bronze medal at the event held in IG Stadium Complex Velodrome, New Delhi.
India has fielded two additional teams of SAI National Cycling Academy (SAINCA) and Western Indian Team (WIT). However, the medals won by cyclists representing SAINCA and WIT will not be counted in India's medal tally.
• Anu Chutia clinched a silver medal in the 500m race distance event in the junior women category in a time of 40.093 seconds.
• Amritha Reghunathan, from SAINCA, won the gold medal in a time of 39.927 seconds.
• In women's elite event of 500m race distance, cyclists Deborah grabbed a silver medal in new national record time of 35.77 seconds. She lost to Korea's Kim Wangyeong.
• Junior women team of Anu Chutia and Rajesh Nayana won a gold medal in Team Sprint event with a timing of 39.702 seconds.
• The women elite team of Deborah and Kezia Vargheese grabbed silver in Team Sprint event with a timing of 37.402 seconds.
• The trio of Emerson, Arkaprava Baul and Ranjith Singh clinched one bronze in Team Sprint event in junior men category.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Indian cyclists
Where: New Delhi
When: 18 November 2015