The Indian Railways on 3 October 2013 signed a pact with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) to set up the country's biggest Forged Wheel plant at Lalganj, Raebarelli in Uttar Pradesh.
About the Forged Wheel Plant
• The Plant to be set with an investment of about 1100 crore Rupees will produce one lakh numbers of Forged Wheels per annum in the First phase for Locos and High speed trains. The capacity of the plant can be doubled in the Second phase for a production of over two lakh wheels per annum.
• The steel requirement for the plant located in 40 acres is to be supplied by the Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL).
• The Factory expected to be operational in over three years, could provide employment to about 600 people.
• The Forged wheel plant will reduces India's dependence on imports of high speed forged wheels for trains.
• The quality of wheel manufactured in the plant will be tested and certified by International certifying agency TTCI, USA.
• Forged wheels are essentially required in the rolling stock for running longer trains at higher speed.
When: 3 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.