Indian-American Krishna R Urs was on 28 June 2017 appointed as the United States (US) Ambassador to Peru by the President Donald Trump administration.
Krishna is currently serving as the Charge d' Affaires of the US Embassy in Madrid, Spain, where he was also the Deputy Chief of Mission. He has been a career service American diplomat since 1986.
About Krishna R Urs
• During three decades of State Department service, Urs has specialised in economic issues and developed extensive policy experience in the Andean region of South America.
• Previously, he served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation Affairs and as the Chief US Government Aviation Negotiator at the Department of State from November 2010 until June 2014.
• He has served as Director in the Office of Aviation Negotiations in the Bureau of Economic, Energy and Business Affairs in the Department of State at the US Embassy in La Paz, Bolivia.
• He also served as Director of the Office of Economic Policy and Summit Coordination in the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs at the Department of State.
• He has served at seven US embassies as well as in senior leadership positions in Washington DC.
• He earned his MS degree from the University of Texas and a BS from Georgetown University.
When: 28 June 2017