The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and Kuwait Institute of Scientific Research (KISR) on 20 January 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in the exploration and use of outer space for peaceful purposes.
Highlights of MoU
• It will allow use of data from Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites by KISR for initiating a few research and application projects.
• It will also enable Training and Building and launching of remote sensing and communication satellites on commercial terms.
• It will provide impetus to explore newer research activities and application possibilities in the field of remote sensing; satellite communication; satellite navigation and exploration of outer space.
• It will lead to developing a joint activity in the field of application of space technology for the benefit of humanity.
• It will lead to setting up of a Joint Working Group from ISRO and KISR which will work out the plan of action including the time-frame and the means of implementing this MoU.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Signed MoU
When: 20 January 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.