France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on 19 February 2017 defeated David Goffin 4-6 6-4 6-1 to win the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament final in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
With the title came an end to Tsonga’s two-year title drought. He had last won a title in the year 2015.
About Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
• Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is a French professional tennis player.
• As of 13 February 2017, he is ranked World No. 13. His career-high singles ranking is world No. 5, which he achieved in February 2012.
• He turned pro in 2004 and qualified for the China Open in September 2004.
• He won his first ATP Masters Series championship at the 2008 Paris Masters.
• He achieved his second Masters Series win at the 2014 Canadian Open, defeating four top 10 players on the way to victory, including those over Djokovic, Murray, and Federer.
• He is also the first and one of only three players (the others being Tomas Berdych and Stan Wawrinka) to have Grand Slam wins against each of the Big Four (namely Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Murray).
About Rotterdam Open
• The Rotterdam Open is also known as ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament.
• It is a professional men's tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts.
• It is part of the 500 series of the ATP World Tour.
• It has been held annually at the Ahoy Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
• Slovakia’s Martin Klizan was the winner of the 2016 Rotterdam Open.
Who: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
What: Won 2017 Rotterdam Open
When: 19 February 2017