Justice Navanithi Prasad Singh was on 20 March 2017 sworn in as the new Chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
The Governor of Kerala Justice (retd) P Sathasivam administered the oath of office to Justice Singh at a function held at the Raj Bhavan in Thiruvananthapuram.
Who is Justice Navanithi Prasad Singh?
• After doing schooling from Scindhia School in Gwalior, he did graduation and LL.B. from the Delhi University.
• He practiced in commercial, taxation and constitutional matters in Patna and Jharkhand High Courts.
• His private corporate clients include State Bank of India, Lalit Narain Mithila University and other statutory authorities.
• He was designated as a Senior Advocate on 11 December 2004 by the Patna high court. He was elevated as a Judge of the Patna High Court on 6 March 2006.
• Justice Navaniti Prasad Singh was born on 6 November 1955.
Related Constitutional Provisions
• Article 214 (High Courts for States): There shall be a High Court for each State.
• Article 216 (Constitution of High Courts): Every High Court shall consist of a Chief Justice and such other Judges as the President may from time to time deem it necessary to appoint.
• Article 217 (Appointment and conditions of the office of a Judge of a High Court): The Chief Justice of a High Court shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal after consultation with the Chief Justice of India and the Governor of the State.
When: 20 March 2017