Former Delhi High Court judge Reva Khetrapal on 17 December 2015 took oath as Delhi's new Lokayukta. The post of the anti-corruption ombudsman was vacant since November 2013, when retired Justice Manmohan Sarin renounced the office.
A four-member panel comprising Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court G Rohini and Leader of Opposition leader in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta had unanimously chosen Justice Khetrapal in October 2015 for the post.
Her name was officially recommended by Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to the President of India Pranab Mukherjee in October 2015.
The Delhi Government recommended Khetrapal’s name along with retired Chief Justice of Orissa High Court Bilal Nazki and retired Chief Justice of Haryana and Punjab High Court Jasbir Singh to the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court in July 2015.
Who is Justice Reva Khetrapal?
• Reva Khetrapal was born in Shimla and studied at Miranda House College and the Law Faculty of the Delhi University.
• She worked as the additional judge in the Delhi High Court between 28 February 2006 and 22 September 2014.
• She also acted as the Additional District and Sessions Judge in 1991 and was posted as Special Judge (Narcotics) in 1994.
• She was appointed as Secretary, Press Council of India in 1999.
• She was elevated to the Delhi High Court in 2006 and she retired in September 2014.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 17 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.