Kamlesh Kumar Pandey on 28 January 2016 was appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years.
Before joining the post of CCPD, Pandey was associated with Saksham, an NGO working in the field of disability.
The CCPD is appointed by the Union Government from persons having special knowledge or practical experience in matters relating to rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities.
The CCPD also coordinates the work of the State Governments’ Commissioners:
• To monitor the utilization of funds disbursed by the Union Government
• To take steps to safeguard the rights and facilities made available to persons with disabilities
• To submit reports to the Central Government on the implementation of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995
Who is Kamlesh Kumar Pandey?
• Pandey is a Science Graduate from University of Allahabad and Medical Graduate from Agra University in 1990.
• He has been associated with Sewa Bharti, an NGO working in rehabilitation of slum dwellers, Akhil Bhartiya Dristihin Kalyan Sangh, an NGO working for visually challenged persons.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
When: 28 January 2016