Kerala Tourism's campaign on responsible tourism on 11 March 2016 bagged the prestigious Golden City Gate Award at the world's leading travel trade show Internationale Tourismus-Borse Berlin (ITB-Berlin) 2016.
The multimedia campaign, titled New Worlds, won the silver prize of 2016 Das Golden Stadttor or Golden City Gate, also known as the Oscar of tourism communication, at the ITB-Berlin 2016.
The winning campaign that contained three short films was directed by Malayalam filmmaker Anwar Rasheed.
Wolfgang Jo Huschert, President, Jury of the Golden City Gate Award presented the award to Abraham George, President, Kerala Travel Mart.
Kerala Tourism had earlier won the Ulysses Prize of the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) for its contribution as a global leader to sustainable tourism.
About New Worlds campaign
• The New Worlds campaign was launched internationally by UNWTO Secretary General Taleb Rifai at the World Travel Mart in London.
• New Worlds portrays the importance of Responsible Tourism initiatives, which have led to several life-changing stories that have become the heart of the campaign.
• The film has common people instead of actors and models and the stories are set in the actual locations in Kerala.
• The film, which shows tourists visiting local communities, sharing home-made meals, and watching and engaging in cultural performances, demonstrates the vision that when the world comes to Kerala.
• The film attempts to present in a real and authentic environment a set of true stories of transformation and preservation involving tourism and the local communities.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 11 March 2016