Kirket, a Hindi film based on former Indian cricketer Kirti Azad’s life was launched on 2 March 2015. 56-year-old, Kirti Azad is the actor of the film which is based on his cricket journey.
The film seeks to depict the difficulties of Bihar cricket and is a genuine story of talented but underprivileged young boys who can do wonders if given chance.
The film is the brainchild of producer Sonu Jha and is expected to be released in 2016. Vishal Tiwari is the co-producer of the film.
About Kirtivardhan Bhagwat Jha Azad
• He is a Member of Parliament from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from Darbhanga and is currently serving his third term in Lok Sabha
• He made his Test debut at Wellington, during India tour of Australia and New Zealand in 1980-81
• He was a member of 1983 World Cup-winning squad and played an important role in India winning the semi-final against England
• He was a right-hand batsman and off-spinner who played seven Tests and 25 ODIs during his six-year-long career between 1980 and 1986
• Azad a Maithil Brahmin was born on 2 January 1959 in Purnea, Bihar
• He is the son of former Chief Minister of Bihar Bhagwat Jha Azad
When: 2 March 2015