Distinguished Scientist KN Vyas on 23 February 2016 took charge as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
He took it over from Dr Sekhar Basu, who is the Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary to the Union Government, Department of Atomic Energy.
Before taking the charge, he was an Associate Director for Reactor Projects Group in BARC.
About KN Vyas
• He joined Fuel Design and Development Section of Reactor Engineering Division of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre after getting graduated from the BARC Training School.
• He had a vast experience of 36 years in design and analysis of nuclear reactor fuels.
• He has worked extensively in thermal hydraulics and stress analysis of critical reactor core components. He has also participated in design and analysis of the Test Blanket Module planned to be installed in ITER, France.
• He was conferred many awards, some of which are Indian Nuclear Society Outstanding Service Award 2011, Homi Bhabha Science and Technology Award 2006, DAE Awards in the years 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2013.
• He is also a Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineers.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: KN Vyas
When: 23 February 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.