Malayalam filmmaker Diphan passes away
His upcoming movie Sathya, which has Jayaram in the lead, was in the post production stage.
Malayalam film director Diphan also known as Deepan passed away on 13 March 2017 following liver cirrhosis and kidney failure in a private hospital at Kochi. He was 47. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Diphan is known for his films namely Puthiya Mukham, Hero and SIM.
• A native of Thiruvananthapuram, Diphan was the son of dubbing artist Anandavally.
• Diphan worked as an assistant director for several years in the Malayalam film industry before venturing out on his own.
• Diphan, in his brief career, directed six films after turning an independent director in 2003 when he directed the political thriller The King Maker: Leader.
• After a gap of six years in 2009, he returned with Puthiya Mukham movie starring Prithviraj.
• In a career spanning about 14 years as a director, he helmed seven films including Hero, SIM and D Company.
• His last directorial venture was Dolphin Bar in 2014 which featured actor and BJP Rajya Sabha member Suresh Gopi.
• His upcoming movie Sathya, which has Jayaram in the lead, was in the post production stage.