Malayalam film director Diphan also known as Deepan passed away on 13 March 2017 following liver cirrhosis and kidney failure in a private hospital at Kochi. He was 47. He is survived by his wife and two children.
Diphan is known for his films namely Puthiya Mukham, Hero and SIM.
• A native of Thiruvananthapuram, Diphan was the son of dubbing artist Anandavally.
• Diphan worked as an assistant director for several years in the Malayalam film industry before venturing out on his own.
• Diphan, in his brief career, directed six films after turning an independent director in 2003 when he directed the political thriller The King Maker: Leader.
• After a gap of six years in 2009, he returned with Puthiya Mukham movie starring Prithviraj.
• In a career spanning about 14 years as a director, he helmed seven films including Hero, SIM and D Company.
• His last directorial venture was Dolphin Bar in 2014 which featured actor and BJP Rajya Sabha member Suresh Gopi.
• His upcoming movie Sathya, which has Jayaram in the lead, was in the post production stage.