Manchester United on 24 May 2017 won their first ever UEFA Europa League title. The team defeated Ajax 0-2 to clinch the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League title.
It is the second major trophy of the season for the Manchester United. Their first win for the season was the 2016-17 EFL Cup.
About Manchester United
• Manchester United Football Club is a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England.
• It competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football.
• The team is nicknamed as "the Red Devils."
• It was founded in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR Football Club. Its name was changed to Manchester United in 1902.
• It is the most successful club in England, having won a record 20 League Titles, a joint-record 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a record 21 FA Community Shields.
• The club has also won three European Cups, one UEFA Europa League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup.
• In 1998–99, the club became the first in the history of English football to achieve the treble of the Premier League, the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League.
About UEFA Europa League
• The UEFA Europa League is an annual football club competition.
• It was previously called the UEFA Cup.
• It has been organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs.
• The title has been won by 28 different clubs, 12 of which have won the title more than once.
• The most successful club in the competition are Sevilla with five titles.
• The 2015–16 UEFA Europa League was won by Sevilla.
Who: Manchester United
When: 24 May 2017