Oil and gas experts Melody Meyer and Atul Gupta were on 6 March 2017 appointed as advisors of Hydrocarbons major Cairn India. As advisors, they will provide strategic direction and delivery focus to Cairn India.
The aforesaid appointments were made in a move to gear up in achieving the aim of contributing 50 per cent of India's overall crude production through 5 billion barrels of oil equivalent reserves.
Cairn India seeks to invest Rs 30000 crore in five new projects. These are Enhanced Oil Recovery projects for Bhagyam and Aishwariya, Raageshwari Deep Gas (RDG), Barmer Hill tight oil and Aishwariya Hill tight oil.
About Melody Meyer
• Meyer, a United States citizen, has 37 years of experience with Chevron Corporation.
• She was the Asia-Pacific President of Chevron Corporation where she was responsible for driving Chevron's exploration and production (E&P) activities across nine countries in the region.
• She has served various roles in various companies such as President of Energy Technology, Vice President of the Gulf of Mexico SBU, Vice-President of US Mid-Continent and Alaska SBU.
About Atul Gupta
• A British citizen of Indian origin, Gupta has over 36 years of experience and currently advises private equity firms.
• He is also on the boards of a number of upstream oil and gas companies including Nostrum (Kazakhstan), Seven Energy (Nigeria) and Vetra Energy (Colombia).
• He has also served as the Managing Director of Hindustan Oil Exploration Company of HOEC Bardahl India from August 2006 to August 2008.
About Cairn India
• Cairn India is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in India.
• It is a subsidiary of the natural resources company Vedanta Ltd, led by Anil Agarwal.
• Headquartered in Gurgaon, the company has operational offices in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
When: 6 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.