Minister of Mauritius Met Minister of India for MoU between NSIC and Mauritius
Minister of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives, Mauritius met with Minister of State, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises on 2 September 2013.
The delegation led by H.E. Jangbahadoorsing Seetaram, Minister of Business, Enterprise and Cooperatives, Mauritius met with K. H. Muniyappa, Minister of State (Independent Charge), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in New Delhi on 2 September 2013.
It is worth noticing that India is Mauritius’ largest trading partner and has been the largest exporter of goods and services to Mauritius since 2007.
Major points discussed during the meeting
• During the meeting, India and Mauritius discussed about the finalising of MoU on cooperation in the MSME sector.
• Discussion on signing of MoU between National Small Industries Corporation and Small & Medium Enterprises Development Authority of Mauritius was also done.
What is MoU between National Small Industries Corporation and Small & Medium Enterprises Development Authority of Mauritius?
• The MoU between National Small Industries Corporation and Small & Medium Enterprises Development Authority of Mauritius is meant for the promotion of a favourable business environment as well as for empowerment of SMEs to emerge and grow and provides a service delivery network which in turn will increase the contribution of SMEs in the national economy.
• The MoU also facilitates an assistance and provide the necessary support to SMEs to gain market access and business opportunities and to compete successfully in the national and international markets for Mauritius.
• The MoU stated that, NSIC may provide consultancy to Mauritius’s SMEDA on mutually agreed terms, in implementation of its strategy for the development of Incubation Centres and strengthening of the SMEDA SME Resource and Technology Centre (SRTC) with emphasis on Research and Development (R & D) and Innovation.
• The MoU provides cooperation at all levels including technology transfer, Marketing and Financial in the MSME sector.