The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs on August 9, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH.
The MoU aims to promote Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (MAPs) forest produce for livelihood development of tribal people through the promotion of primary level value addition to MAPs produce from forest area at grassroots level.
Activities to be supported by NMPB under the MoU
• To identify potential Medicinal plant species of the tribal areas
• To support training and awareness program on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) & Good Field Collection Practices (GFCP)
• Support skill upgradation and capacity building
• Facilitate financial assistance for plantations and nursery development for MAPs through the Van Dhan Vikas Kendra self-help groups (SHGs).
• Facilitate standardising norms for MAPs, render assistance for establishing of research and testing centre
Activities to be supported by TRIFED under the MoU
• Establishment of the ‘Van-Dhan Vikas Kendra’ specifically for Medicinal plants & its products for skill upgradation and capacity building
• Supply chain for Minor Forest Produce (MFPs)
• Creation of Van Dhan SHGs clusters under the Van Dhan Vikas Kendra that would undertake primary value addition of the Mega Food Parks (MFPs) based on MFPs available in the area
• Setting-up of primary processing facility, infrastructure support and value addition facility for MAPs
• Provision of working capital for the SHGs through tie up with financial institutions and other organizations
• To establish herbal gardens to develop and promote the usefulness of commonly available and frequently used Medicinal Plants through SHGs involved in Van Dhan Vikas Kendra.
• Research and Development studies on Medicinal Plants collected by MFP gatherers
Minor Forest Produce (MFP)
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider