The Ministry of Railways on 26 May 2016 launched Rail Humsafar Saptaah, a week-long initiative to highlight significant achievements made by Indian Railways in all spheres.
The Rail Humsafar Saptaah will conclude on 1 June 2016.
In addition, each day of the week will focus on a particular theme and hence the days have been named as:
26th May: Swachchta Diwas
27th May: Satkar Diwas
28th May: Sewa Diwas
29th May: Satarkata Diwas
30th May: Saamanjasya Diwas
31st May: Sanyojan Diwas
1st June: Sanchaar Diwas
Activities to be undertaken during the week are:
• All Zonal Railways will ensure that various passenger amenities works nearing completion would be commissioned during this week.
• On 26th May, efforts were made to undertake Intensive Cleanliness Drive on all the Stations and in Trains. Stations of Indian railways were inspected by an officer including GMs and DRMs who will be supervising the cleanliness drive with the help of railway staff, NGOs, staff associations, scouts and guides.
• On 27th May, officers will be deputed to inspect all catering establishments and drinking water facilities at stations and in trains. In addition, pantry cars will be inspected and catering units at stations will be checked.
• On 28th May, each train, other than sub-urban commuting trains, will be monitored by an officer between 1000 to 1600 hrs. These nominated officers would travel by these trains and interact with passengers in all classes and ensure that amenities are provided and grievances are redressed.
• On 29th May, punctuality and ticket checking drive will be undertaken across the Zonal Railways. This drive will include ensuring 100% punctuality of mail/express and passenger trains.
• On 30th May, a day-long exercise will be undertaken on all divisions and zonal railway HQs wherein teams of concerned officers would inspect all railway staff colonies along with representatives of recognized unions to undertake cleanliness drive in the colonies. Besides, each zonal railways will undertake plantation of at least 1000 trees on each division especially in the railway colonies and other premises.
• On 31st May, all DRMs and GMs will hold meetings and seminars with all Major Freight Traffic Customers to advise them about the various reforms and policy initiatives on the freight traffic side.
• On 15th June, all DRMs and GMs will review various activities under taken during the week.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.