The Union Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on 13 July 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to facilitate strategic partnership on skill development and entrepreneurship.
The MoU was signed by the Defence Secretary Shri G Mohan Kumar and his counterpart from MSDE Shri Sunil Arora. The MoU will provide impetus to use the skills of servicemen for the country when they retire from the Armed Forces.
The MoU will be a harbinger of skill development in the country that will align the Armed Forces and the civilian field.
Highlights of the MoU
• It will boost employability and acceptability of Ex-servicemen (ESM) by the industry for those service personnel who are on the verge of retirement or already retired.
• To enhance their employability, the training facilities initiated by the Director General Resettlement (DGR) will be aligned with the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) developed by the Sector Skill Councils (SSCs).
• It will provide an opportunity for the Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factories (OFs) to participate in skill development initiatives.
• It will train and provide gainful employment to approximately 3 lakh ex-servicemen and their family members in five years starting from this financial year.
• It will also make available skilled youth to DPSUs and OFs by using their infrastructure, CSR funds, establishment of Centre(s) of Excellence and Development of Model ITIs etc.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 13 July 2015