MoU signed between Indian Academy of Highway Engineers & University of New South Wales
As part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), a centre will be established in India to accelerate research in the transportation sector.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed in April 2017 between the Indian Academy of Highway Engineers and the University of New South Wales.
The MoU was signed in line with the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highway’s vision to influence and adopt global innovation into the transportation sector.
Features of the MoU
• The MoU seeks to establish a Centre of Excellence in Smart Transportation in India.
• The MoU was exchanged between the Director of IAHE V L Patankar and Vice Chancellor of UNSW Prof. Ian Jacobs in the presence of Simon Birmingham, Australian Minister for Education.
• The vision for the centre is to accelerate the evaluation and adoption of new transportation technologies and explore market opportunities for them in India and Australia.
• The centre will conduct research, development and training in the areas of transport system modelling and data for smart cities.
• This centre be the world’s first transportation centre involving two countries committed to seeing technological innovation for economic development through improved safety and reduced congestion.